As we are working through this current series on the family ( Family Guide ) we have come to the the subject of parenthood- to be or act as a mother or father to someone.
Its an interesting definition: to be or act.
This implies doing something. So many parents seem to be willing to let someone else – to be or act – as a mother or father, why would you want someone else to be the primary influence in their life?
God gave them to you and the responsibilities of raising them. Training kids doesn’t just happen, we have to Be or Act. This is the greatest Job you will ever have. And the Bible is full of advice to help us raise healthy Kids.
1. Train them to manage God’s money (Proverbs 3:9-10)
2. Train them to carefully select friends (Proverbs 13:20)
3. Train them to watch their words (Proverbs 4:24)
4. Train them to be responsible (Proverbs 6:6-8)
5. Train them to guard their minds (Proverbs 23:7)
6. Train them to be generous (Proverbs 11:25)
7. Train them to fear God (Proverbs 1:7)
You as a parent are called to lead your children don’t let a oppertunity to shape a life past by you. They need you to lead them to God, you as a parent have the ability to affect generations by what you do now and that’s the way I see it in my market