“What do these stones mean?” Joshua tells us they are to remind us of what God has done in our life. What have you done to make sure you will remember Gods faithfulness? We are only one generation away from losing our faith, and this is what happens.
“After that whole generation had been gathered to their fathers, another generation grew up, who knew neither the Lord nor what he had done for Israel.” Judges 2:10
That is what happens when no one builds a Memorials. We need to be faithful to teach our kids the things God does in our Family. Build a Memorial, pile some stones but you say I don’t have any, well here are some things you can do.
1. Make Sunday special – worship God, rest, unplug, disconnect. Ex 20:8
2. Meal time – take time to share life. Deut 27:7
3. Family Devotions – Talk about God. Deut 6:6-7
4. Holidays/Vacations – Celebrate & Dedicate Time. Numbers 10:10
5. Passover/Communion – Remember. Ex 12:13-14
These are just a few ideas you or can make your own “Family Memorial” and then when someone asks you why you do these things you can tell them they remind us of a time when God did_______________
you fill in the blank. and thats the way I see it in my market